Full-Time Senior Pastor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
LINCOLN PARK COMMUNITY CHURCH PASTORAL JOB PROFILE
JOB TITLE Lead Pastor, Full-Time/Salaried/Exempt/Pastoral Staff
REPORTS TO Church Deacon Board
To seek to understand God’s vision for the church and effectively communicate this vision to the congregation. To ensure that a Biblically-based message of significance is delivered with excellence to the congregation each week. Act as leader, shepherd, and chief executive officer of the church, under the supervision of the deacon board.
- A deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced in daily life and exhibiting character qualities outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter: 5:1-4.
- Exhibit personal qualities that are of the highest integrity and unquestionable honesty.
- Earnestly seek God’s will above all other possible motivations.
- Excellent communicator; visionary in leadership of volunteer leadership teams and congregation.
- Possess an irenic spirit of cooperation and fellowship within the church body.
- Demonstrate a passionate, heartfelt love for people with a Christ-like concern for their spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- Exhibit Christ’s love by developing positive and encouraging relationships within the church body.
- Be in full agreement with the Converge affirmation of faith.
- Degree from a respected evangelical seminary preferred.
- PREACHING: Valuethe importance of the weekly sermon. Seek to discern God’s message for the congregation and spend significant time and effort using professional skills to develop and deliver that message to the best of one’s ability. Communicate God’s Word accurately and with authority.
- VISION-CASTING: Seek God’s direction and develop His vision for our church in a way that maximizes the gifts and resources available. Seek to find new ways and additional resources to accomplish God’s plan for our church.
- LEADERSHIP: Engage in ongoing leadership development and spiritual oversight of church leaders. Be personally involved in selection, supervision, goal-setting, and evaluation of leaders as needed.
- COOPERATION: Exhibit strong diplomatic skills and lead within the context of a congregational style of church governance andbe accountableto the deacon board. Be an excellent recruiter of gifted leaders and a strong encourager to all. Work to accomplish a vision for the church with respect for and in cooperation with lay leaders and committees.
- CONGREGATION LEADERSHIP: Exhibit a passion for ministry. Lead by example. Work shoulder-to-shoulder with lay leaders and volunteers in the ministries of the church.
- RELATIONAL:Work with and relate to staff, church council, lay leaders, volunteers and the congregation as a whole. Show evidence of love for people in the congregation while reaching out, developing relationships, and have compassion for the triumphs and problems in their lives.
- PRAYER: Seek and promote prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the church.
- EVALUATION/DEVELOPMENT: Continually evaluate effectiveness of programs and propose creative ideas for improvement. Offer overall vision to develop and grow ministry.Spend time in personal study in order to expand relevant knowledge and keep current with latest trends in ministry.
- BUDGET: Participate in the planning of the church budget in cooperation with the deacons and trustees in preparation for congregational approval.
- OTHER duties as assigned by the Deacon Board.
How to Applyemail resume, references, and summary to email@example.com
717 total views, 4 today